TOT! router sled´s dustless system was designed to flatten the wood.
TOT! router sled can be used for small cracks filled with epoxy with no problem.
TOT! router sled can be used on larger resin surfaces under the following conditions:
ON EPOXY ALWAYS USE A SLIGHTLY LOWER RPM THAN ARE RECOMMENDED MAX. RPM FOR YOUR ROUTER BIT
(for example, a 60mm CMT router bit we sell, has the best result with a 12000 RPM on wood and 10500 – 11000 RPM on epoxy).
ON EPOXY ALWAYS USE A LOWER DEPTH OF CUT AND SMALL SPEED OF MOVE
Anyway keep in mind, that the epoxy behaves during flattening totally different than wood.
Wood is split into small chips and mostly dust.
In contrast, epoxy tends to form long strips that are stuck together. It is more difficult to exhaust these strips in the same way as wooden dust. Epoxy chips can clog sealing brushes and exhausting hose too.
!!!Epoxy chips can permanently damage sealing brushes if brushes are not protected properly!!!
Here you can see how to protect sealing brushes with a strong duct cloth tape.
In large surfaces of epoxy we strongly recommend:
- protect sealing brushes with a strong duct cloth tape!
- use a 50 mm hose with a dust collector!
- check repeatedly sealing brushes and exhausting hose during flattening of the epoxy surface!
- always keep sealing brushes clean!
- clean sealing brushes before/after every use!